Monday, May 18, 2009

Tamales & Ice Cream

So last week at church, we had a Cinco de Mayo potluck dinner (yes, a week late). For some reason I decided to make homemade tamales. I found a recipe in one of the cookbooks that Ken gave me for Mother's Day and decided to try it out. Making them wasn't really all that hard, just time consuming. I think they turned out pretty good considering I'd never made them before. We all decided that they did need to be a bit smaller with a little less masa. Otherwise, they turned out pretty good. This was just one pan of them.



This evening, we went out for a bit and then decided to drive down to JoJo's Ice Cream in Dumfries. I hadn't noticed before that they had Baby Cones for toddlers. So Ken and Isabella had their cones (I just had a float). Here's some pictures of them enjoying their ice cream. Too bad we didn't think about the fact that it was about 57 degrees when we got there and dropping as the sun went down. By the time Isabella was done, Ken and I were a little cold. We'd at least put a jacket on Isabella, but hadn't thought about it for us. Oh well, the ice cream was still yummy.


All that was after we had to give Isabella a bath right after dinner. Evidently mashed potatoes made a good hair gel.


And a few cute pictures:
My little couch potato

She was pouting in the car but of course, she stopped pouting as soon as I tried to take a picture. Its still a cute picture though.

No comments: