Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had an absolutely wonderful Mother's Day. It actually started on Saturday because Ken was actually off of work on a Saturday. I was able to go get a pedicure and relax while Ken took Isabella shopping. Later in the evening, I got a spiffy new "do." Linda was nice enough to cut my hair for me. It turned out really cute. As some point maybe I'll take a pic of it and post it. Then Sunday I woke up to some beautiful cards and some great presents. Ken does actually pay attention. I got a cookbook holder, which is good, because now maybe I won't get stuff all over my cookbooks. He also got me two new cookbooks. I love cookbooks! One is a 5 ingredient grilling cookbook and the other is Blue Ribbon Recipes from State and County Fairs all over the country. It has some fun recipes in it that I am definitely going to have to try. At church, there were some wonderful speakers and some great musical numbers (one of which my husband sang in). After church, we went and joined Ken's family for a Mother's Day backyard barbecue. It was a lot of good food and good fun. Isabella had a ball. She was quite dirty when we finally came home.

I love that there is a day to honor Motherhood as I have a wonderful mother and a great mother-in-law. I was so blessed to have my Mom as one of my very best friends growing up and even to this day. And I am so grateful for my great Mother-in-law who raised a wonderful son that I was able to marry for time and all eternity in the temple. Thank you to all the mother's in my life that serve as such a great example for me and how I want to raise my children.

1 comment:

Mary said...

What a sweet post! I'm so glad you had a great day. :)