Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Primary

So I was recently asked at church to do the music in Primary, which is the classes for kids age 18 mos up to 12 years old. I've been a little nervous about it but have had fun so far. Ken is quite jealous as that was his favorite "job" at church. Well, this past Sunday, I decided to do something to get their attention. It worked.

This is what the kids saw at the start of singing time. (Just a few more jars and spoons.) In the jar is a mixture of water and vinegar. The spoon has food coloring and baking soda.



And the process....





The spoons had songs written on them. The kids loved it. And it got the older boys to actually sing. I will definitely have to do this one again sometime.

2 comments:

Kelli Brewer said...

It was a big hit and very clever! Anything to get them up and moving is great!

Mary said...

How fun! I think you will be amazing in there!!!