I know I need to update this, I just haven't been feeling it when I've actually had time to do it. So here's a quick synopsis on what's been going on. Pictures will come later.
Since Bryce's birthday, we've celebrated Halloween. Isabella was Snow White, thanks to Aunt Linda who made the dress. Bryce was a super-hero. He wasn't too sure about the cape and such but he was all about the candy. We went trick-or-treating at the local mall. It was busy but not horrendous. The kids were done after about 15 minutes. We lasted probably 45 minutes before we left to head over to Grandma and Grandpa Gallahan's house. We had stopped at Grandma and Grandpa Dixon's house on the way to the mall.
We also celebrated Thanksgiving. We had dinner over at Ken's sister, Teresa's, house. It was nice and there was tons of food. Unfortunately, Bryce wasn't feeling too great so he wasn't the best of company the whole time. At least this year we didn't end up at the emergency room like last year. He'd been sick with a cold all week. He decided to share and by the end of the weekend, Isabella and I came down with the cold. We had to go to the doctor anyways the following Wednesday so they checked them out. Bryce was good but a monster...98th percentile for height and 97th for weight. We had Isabella all geared up for shots and then, lo and behold, she got an ear infection courtesy of the cold that Bryce shared. So no shots and Mom and Dad get to take turns wrestling her down to take her antibiotic. She'll have to go back in a few weeks to get shots. By Saturday, I was feeling really bad and the cough from the cold had gotten worse, and I ended up at Urgent Care. Sure enough...bronchitis. Go figure, Bryce shares a minor cold, and Isabella and I get something more. Anyways, so I'm on an antibiotic now as well, which unfortunately, loosened everything else up and I was having major ear and neck pain. I sent a note to my doctor to make sure it wasn't something completely oddball, but she said it was just drainage. So after four days on antibiotics, I'm feeling a little better, still a little neck pain.
Now we're just getting ready for Christmas. You can read about our tree decorating here. I'm actually ready for the holidays to be over already.
No comments:
Post a Comment